Thursday, April 16, 2009

Out of the mouths of someone else's babe

I'm teaching swimming lessons at my old place of employment for a free program called, Every Child a Swimmer. There are two instructors and five volunteer helpers for 16 kids in my first class.

Today was our second day. The children were all sitting lined up on the side of the pool. I went down the row and named each kid (with the help of the first letter in their names). When I was finished I asked:

Me: "Alright, who can remember my name?"

A sea of blank faces stared back at me.

Me: "It begins with the letter C."

Dylan: (raising his hand) "Oh, oh, I know. I know!"

Me: "Dylan! Great, Dylan, remembers my name. What is my name?"

Dylan: "Tinker Bell!"

I was Miss Tinker Bell the rest of the class.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yes, I agree, I think you look like a "tinker bell" :))