Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring Break

Summing up the week of Spring Break, here are some of the highlights:
  • I had my good friend, her 5-month-old baby, and her two and a half-year-old visit for 4 days.
  • My Mother was in the hospital.
  • We received a dog to dog-sit for a week.
  • My water bed sprung a leak on my side of the bed (for the 3rd time!). I slept in Darcy's bed in her room which was next to the dog's crate. The dog did not sleep and kept banging on the crate door to get out. I did not sleep much of the night for worrying about the dog.
  • My Mother got out of the hospital.
  • Every time I walked the dog she pooped.
  • My friend and her kids left. My two nephews took their place.
  • We enjoyed the beach three times. Two of those times the Gulf actually had high waves that we could ride.
  • I celebrated my father-in-law's 79th birthday.
  • I drank lots of beer and ate quite a bit of seafood.
  • I fell in love with the dog, despite the walks, the poop, and the chunks of hair on my floor.
  • My Father-in-law ended up in the hospital.
  • I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. I dried it out and it works just fine. I don't know if it took any pictures while at the bottom of the toilet.
  • I lost in basketball brackets.
  • I got on the eldest daughter until she finally finished a school project that should have been done last week.
  • I didn't fall for anymore Toby Keith April Fools Day nonsense.
  • I got minimal sleep and I never exercised. I now have big bags under the eyes....or maybe those were always there.
One more day and then the vacation is over. Did it really ever begin?








1 comment:

K Anne said...

all in all sounds like a great week.