Monday, April 20, 2009

Too many mojitos

Saturday night I had tons of dreams, one right after the other, crazy and full of excitement as my dreams tend to be. The dreams took place in places of my past, and I figured this was because of my reminiscing through my old blogs, keepsakes and photos, and not because of the alcohol I had consumed that night.

One of the last dreams I had that I remembered took place in Pennsylvania at my friends' house. In the dream, I was walking people through it. I think I knew who the people were in the dream, but if I saw them I didn't remember them after awakening. I was taking them through my friends' Kim and Steph's, house and giving them a play by play of how well I knew this house. I pointed out things of interest and we then ended up in the upstairs hall bathroom which is right at the top of the stairs to the left of the master bedroom.

We crowed into the bathroom, and I said something about this bathroom bringing back lots of memories for me.

Me: "For example. Once when I was staying here with Kim and Steph they showed me where the towels were (I turn around and open the linen closet behind the door to show them) and then they told me to not freak out if some night I open this to get a towel and I see a black cat. Their cat Bo liked to hide out in the linen closet. Well, you can imagine what happened, right? One night I came in here to take a shower, opened the closet, and freaked out because there was the cat sitting on the towels, his eyes glowing in the dark."

Now the thing about all of this is that it really happened. That is a true story that my dream self was relating to these dream people. The cat's name was Bo and that is here sleeping below on the couch.

Back in my dream, my real self realized that this story that my dream self was telling these dream people was real and that there also another cat bathroom story that had really happened.

So then the other story came out, only I'm not sure my dream self related it out loud. I actually think that my real self just thought about that story in my head while in my dream. Are you following?

That story was about the time that I entered the bathroom in the middle of the night to use the toilet. I walked into the bathroom to find their other cat, Muffin, standing on top of the counter, leaning into the sink, her head turned upside to catch water drips from the faucet. She scared me to death.


That's Muffin below.


The rest of the dream involved me discussing how well I knew this house and at some point, I turned to find a staircase leading down into the basement.

In the dream, the staircase was in the same place that the bathtub should've been had we been in the real bathroom. In reality, the basement stairs are off the kitchen.

But this was a dream, so I descended the stairs halfway and peered into the basement, which looked like it did the last time I saw the basement in real time about two years ago. I said something about these stairs being new and then I came back into the bathroom and decided to lead the dream people into the next bathroom.

The next bathroom I took them into was the master bathroom, and I talk about the time I had to use the shower in the master bathroom because we had to be somewhere and all of us couldn't wait to take turns. In the dream, I leaned my head out of the hall bathroom to peer into the master bedroom and I saw my maternal grandparents lying sideways on the Smith's bed talking to one another.

At this point, my real self entered the dream as if directing and had a discussion along the lines of:
  1. My grandparents are both dead.
  2. My grandparents have never, ever, to my knowledge, been to the Smiths' house
My dream self and my real director self wondered why my grandparents were lying in someone else's bed, and my dream self decided that taking strangers into a room where two people were lying in bed having a discussion wasn't a good idea.

Then I woke up having no idea the answer to any of the questions this dream gave to me.

I did, however, have to go to the bathroom.

No comments: