Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Why I shouldn't be left alone

Things that I thought about between 8:00 Am - 11:00 AM in order.
  • Crap, why do I have to teach tonight in cold weather? What was I thinking when I volunteered for this nonsense?
  • See Darcy isn't sucking her thumb right now. She is sleeping so peacefully and she smells so sleepy sweet. Oh, there goes the thumb. Why can't she stop that sucking? What have I done wrong? Is it wrong not to push her to stop?
  • Why can't Madison get up in the morning? I really should spend more time with her. She is growing up and becoming a teenager with all her body parts growing and acne developing. Should I be doing more for her? Why can't we just go back to when she first arrived? I could start over and do a better job this time around.
  • These kids really should eat breakfast before they go to school. Today is cream of wheat day. But Darcy doesn't like it and Madison isn't getting up in time. I should make eggs. But they don't really want eggs, and I don't really want to dirty up the kitchen.
  • What should I blog about today? I'm annoyed at the Celebrity Apprentice this Sunday. I could write about that. What would I start with? Something like I told Susan about how I only watched it the first time when Gene Simmons was on it, and then I quit after he got booted. He didn't really get booted because he offered himself up. Trump hates that. I wonder if that is something you hate in business. Oh, for heaven's sake that is what is so annoying about Trump....he forgets this is a game and acts like things like this happen in the business world. Maybe Gene would see my blog and call me.
  • I hate being the second car in the car line. Is that Jyoti behind me? We really should be carpooling. What a waste of gas. But if she drove in the morning than I wouldn't get to the gym because I would talk myself out of it and drink coffee instead.
  • Pretty soon I will go by this place and not think of Kelly because she will be somewhere else. And not in her purple tracker. I'm proud of her for getting on the ball and getting things taken care of. She is moving up..... and not to a deluxe apartment in the sky.
  • I wonder how many songs I could think of that I messed up the words to. That could be a blog subject. But I can't remember the songs. I could do this only if I heard the song on the radio and then I'd have to write it down for future blogging. That would take a long time. I'd forget by then.
  • I knew the answer to that question! Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Wait until I tell Madison we got it right. I wonder how many pb and j sandwiches I've eaten in my life. When I was a kid we had peanut butter and fluff. I should call in and tell Big D and Bubba that one since they are talking about that jar of peanut butter mixed with jelly. We had that, but I don't remember what it tasted like. But we had that fluff. I have some in my refrigerator at home, I think. I should throw that out if we do. We haven't eaten it in over 6 months.
  • What the hell are these people doing here? I know these people are not at the gym. It's Tuesday. The gym is quiet on Tuesdays. Jeez, these people must be here for doctor appointments. That's depressing. I should go home. I hate parking far away and these spaces are all taken up and it makes me mad enough to go home. Oh, there is a spot.
  • OMG! This book by Denis Leary is hilarious. I'm trying not to laugh out loud, but I can't help it. I'm sure people are wondering why I'm snickering on the elliptical.
  • This book is bringing back memories of my childhood. I could so write a response to some of the things he mentions about women in this book. Heck, I could have written this book too, but I'm not rich, famous or a comedian and can certainly not get away with the things he does. I don't think that this machine for my abs is really doing anything. I mean, seriously, my arms and hands are doing all of the work. They tell me to tighten my stomach muscles and use them to pull up the weight, but are these people serious? My stomach was made to house children. It kept two children warm, safe and fed, and when it was time to spit out those children it wasn't my stomach muscles doing the job. I think this is nuts and I'm going to move on to other machines. I'll go home and do sit-ups on the floor where my stomach muscles will have to do some pulling to get the upper half of my body up.
  • That's it. I shouldn't push myself anymore. I should end exercising now so that I can still walk in the morning. I wonder if Roger is going to keep his appointment today with the back doctor.
  • I wanted this cold front for a change of pace, and because I can wear clothes that hide my body, but this wind is a killer and it is damn COLD. I should be careful for what I wish for, huh?
  • How come palm trees are so strong? How come they don't fall over in this wind? I can remember when driving down the road in Florida looking at palm trees was such a cool thing. I use to look up at those trees while on vacation and think how majestic those trees were just standing there in line along the road. Florida and the trees was the bomb. Now I hardly notice them. And the smell of Florida was always so beachy....so full of ocean scent. Do you only smell that when you are a tourist? Wonder if Kelly's ONE BLOCK FROM THE BEACH-BITCH apartment will still smell beachy after a while.
  • I should call Kelly. But she is at work and I don't really have anything to talk about other than wondering if her apartment will smell beachy after a few months. And I'm almost home. And she is usually busy. And that isn't a good enough reason to interrupt her day. Not that that would stop me, but I'm almost home.
  • I'm hungry already. That shouldn't be because I had oatmeal for breakfast. I should go home and have a cup of coffee. Or a cheese stick. I should eat cheese and then make coffee. It is too early for lunch.
  • Why isn't the sun out today? I could take the cold if the sun was out. If the sun was out we would think it wasn't that cold. It would be a nice day. Should I get the mail? Nah, too cold.
  • Why do all the diets want you to eat a cheese stick for a snack? How healthy can a big wad of salty mozzarella cheese be good for you? Alongside a handful of oily almonds? Better than an apple with peanut butter? I think I'll just eat lunch.

2 comments:

K Anne said...

That was quite amusing Cara. In fact I liked it so much, I stole the idea. Please forgive. Yes it already feels weird to be out of the Tracker and soon out of Somerset.

Susan said...

I knew that pretty little head was full of a lot of crap!!! My mind was racing the whole time I was reading it...thinking "I'm so glad I'm not the only one who lives inside her own head!!" You are an awesome writer:) You make me smile:)